Handling & Storage
Boards must never be carried in its horizontal position.
Boards should be carried on its long edges ( vertically) at all times.
Boards must never be stacked on its edge or upright position.
Boards should be stacked & handled carefully to avoid damage.
Boards must never be piled up with greater than 400mm spaced support battens
Correct way to store TRILITE® RMS Boards
- Boards should be slided sideways when lifted from pallets.
- Boards are supplied in packs on wooden pallets to permit safe handling by forklift trucks.
- Boards must be allowed to dry ( when becomes wet) prior to fixing, installing or painting.
- Care should be taken to avoid damage to the ends, edges and surfaces.
- If outside, a protective plastic sheet must protect the sheets from getting rain and the elements.
- Boards must never be piled up more than 3 pallets on top of each other.
- Steel studs must be more than 1.2mm thick, distance between each studs below 300mm
Use self tapping steel screws fix @ 150mm centres below, screw head must be wider than screw hole.
- Reinforcement steel must be placed at back of the board if the tiled walls will be hanged with other materials (cannot be directly fix only on the board without reinforcement).
- Sealants must be applied to cover adhesion surface between board and tiles completely, sealant adhesion must be strong enough to avoid delamination and stripping.
- It is recommended to use boards in 12mm and above thickness for exterior wall applications.
- Does not corrode metals, steel screws and supports
- Superior moisture and better resistance to humid environments
- Stronger and harder surfaces for a better impact resistance
- Safe to use unlike other MgO boards with MgCl2 in their composition
- Does not have halogenide as a problem
Comparison for Boards with raw material using Magnesium Chloride V.S Magnesium Sulfate Physical Properties
|Strength||Water Resistance||Hygroscopic return “Crying boards phenomenon”||Corrossion Resistance to Metal||Warping||Hardening Condition||Water Softening Coefficient|
Water softening coefficient is a parameter indicative of a material’s water resistance nature, expressed as K-f / F.
|Content||72H Moisture Absorption rate||168H Moisture Absorption rate||1000℃ Burning Combustion Shape Retention|
Dimensions & Tolerance
TRILITE® boards are produced with standard thickness ranging from 3mm up to 20mm.
|Standard Dimensions||1200 x 2400mm||1220 x 2440mm|
|Density||1080 kg/m3 ( ± 150 kg/m3, thickness dependent )|
|Width Tolerance||-2mm , + 2mm|
|Length Tolerance||– 2mm , + 3mm|
|3mm, 4mm , 6mm||± 0.3mm|
|8mm, 9mm, 10mm||± 0.6mm|
|15mm, 18mm||± 1.0mm|
|3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm||±0.3mm|
|12mm, 15mm, 18mm||±0.5mm|
Above based on 1 side sanded. For a more precise thickness tolerance, sanding on 2 sides is also possible.
TRILITE® boards are available in different board edges , such as :
- Square Edge
- 45 degree Bevelled Edge
- Tapered Edge